Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's Sunday... relax & enjoy it...

Nothing like waking up and having coffee already made.  The pleasures of being an Nana and Papa's house.  OH Coffee How I love thee!!!

Daily PP: 40
Weekly PP: 35
Activity Points: 4

Breakfast: (8 PP)
-1 Turkey Sausage patty (2 PP)
-1 1/2 scrambled eggs (3 PP)
-1/2 c. grits (2 PP)
-1 T. nondairy powder creamer (1 PP)

We are getting ready for church.  My cousin is having his babies dedicated today at their church.  So we are going to help celebrate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went out to lunch with the family.  The restaurant of  choice was a buffet.  Now again, don't freak out on me.  I had a plan.  Since the choice of restaurant was out of my hands, how I handled it was not.  The first part of my plan was to hit the salad bar portion and load up on tons of 0 PP value fruits and veggies (which I did).  That way the HIGH PP value foods were not as appealing.  I did it too.  I did not eat anything fried, smothered, creamed or salad covered in mayo (except for the bit of fried okra I ate).  I also did not eat any type of roll, biscuit or muffin (which was hard because they had yeast rolls).  Lastly, I did not go to the dessert bar.  Well I took Scooter so that she could have something.  While I was there I decided to see if there was anything on the dessert bar that I just had to have.  Guess what... there was not one thing that I just HAD to have.  Nothing was calling my name or say "Kristie, you know you want a slice of me."  Now I know that there are some of you that think that is a bit extreme and that I was depriving myself.   That I mentally told myself that I did not want any of it when I really did.  But I am being honest with you, after I sat back down at the table with Scooter and her slice of German Chocolate Cake... I had no urge to go back.  Trust me, I was just as surprised.  I almost talked myself into going back to get something, even if it was something small because I was suppose to and because everyone else had something or several somethings; but I told myself that if I REALLY wanted it I would have gotten it.  Now please do not feel bad for me, when I got back to Nana and Papa's I grabbed two iced oatmeal cookies.  That is want I really WANTED for dessert.  Iced oatmeal cookies are one of my alltime favorite cookies.  So I honestly believe that I knew in the back of my mind I wanted the cookies and that I had eaten dessert I could not have had the cookies.

Lunch: (18 PP)
-1 baked chicken thigh (4 PP)
-1/3 c. fried okra (3 PP)
-1/2 small baked sweet potato (1 PP)
-2/3 c. stewed cabbage (0 PP)
-1/4 c. green beans (0 PP)
-Salad with ton of veggies (0 PP)
-1/2 boiled egg (1 PP)
-1 T. fat free Catalina Dressing (1 PP)
-2 packages of captain wafers (2 PP)
-3 iced oatmeal cookies (5 PP)

I really enjoyed my lunch but especially those cookies!  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scooter and I did a bit of walking and talking today.  That got me a couple of activity points.  It was nice just to talk with her.  She was having some questions about a sensitive issue and I was answering them.

Activity Points: 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the way back from church, we decided to stop at DQ.  I know I know, I did not do so well there last time.  And man, was that German Chocolate Blizzard calling my name.  But I ignored it... this time.  :)  I did better this time with ordering.  Of course, I REALLY wanted the onion rings because that is all I could smell, I could not help it...  so  :P

Dinner: (15 PP)
-1 Dairy Queen Grilled Chicken Sandwich (10 PP)
-1 small serving Dairy Queen Onion Rings (5 PP)


I got to see several people I have not seen in a long time at church tonight.  I might have to keep going, when I am here.  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a snack before we went to Sunday night church to tide me over until after the service.  I am also planning on another "bed time" dessert like last night. 

Snack: (0 PP)
-1 banana (0 PP)
-1 sugar-free Popsicle, orange flavored (0 PP)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lynard Skynard is coming on TV... peace out homies!!


Totals:
Daily PP used: 40
Weekly PP used: 1
Activity points earned: 6
Activity points used: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment