Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday... trying to finish strong...

So today is another cold and overcast day... thus again no outside time with Lovey Man... after the last several days I realize that I MUST keep on track today and tomorrow if I want any sort of positive outcome on the scale Thursday morning...

I am also a bit under the weather with a sinus infection, which is not the greatest and taking medication for it makes me feel blah...

Daily PP - 40
Weekly PP - 5

Breakfast: (11 PP)
- Oh yeah baby... 3 cups of coffee today, needed the extra caffeine to wake me up and get me past this groggy medication haze.  I once again went with the Chai Latte creamer, something about the weather and the blah feeling making my mood need it.  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lovey Man and I had to run to the grocery store quickly because somehow I had allowed us to completely run out of milk.  That is not a good thing in our house, because to Lovey Man, Milk is the bestest thing EVER!!!  Bananas are a very close 2nd.  :)

Just before we left to go out E decided that he wanted me to grab him some lunch, when I mentioned what I was making for lunch he chose Arby's.  I chose a chef salad from the grocery store.  While we were there I picked up some more fruit and an new ingredient to add to my dinner tonight.

Lunch: (9 PP)
-Chef Salad with Ranch Dressing (7 PP)

  • 1/2 oz. smoked turkey
  • 1/2 oz. ham
  • 1/2 oz. swiss cheese
  • 1 1/2 c. iceberg lettuce
  • 1/8 c. tomato

- 5 Whole Wheat Ritz crackers (2 PP)
- 1/2 of a small Banana (0 PP)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snack: (2 PP)
-WW Lemon Mousse Pie bar (2 PP)
- 1/4c. strawberries (0 PP)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am really excited about dinner.  I am making one of my family's favorite dishes but with a twist.  I got inspired and so decided to see if they like it.

The dish that I making is Spicy Chicken Pot Pie.  I have taken my recipe for chicken pot pie and added some of the new cooking creme (Santa Fe flavor) to it.  (See recipe below)

Dinner: (17 PP)
-Spicy Chicken Pot Pie (14 PP)
-Salad (3 PP)

  • Iceberg lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Carrot
  • 1T cheddar cheese
  • 1T Ranch 




Totals:
Daily PP used 39
Weekly PP used 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spicy Chicken Pot Pie

4 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
12oz frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
3/4 c Philadelphia cooking creme, Santa Fe
3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tsp canola oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, lightly salt and pepper the chicken.  Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook until chicken is done.
  3. Combine cooking creme, soup, and veggies in skillet with chicken.  Turn down to med low and stir until cooking creme and soup are melted (approx 2 mins).
  4. Pour chicken mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
  5. Roll out your crescent rolls, pinch steams together, and place on top of chicken mixture as one sheet to form crust.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until crust is golden brown.

(6 servings - 9 PP per serving)

***This recipe can be modified to fit your taste.  The traditional calls for the whole can of soup and no cooking creme.  You can change the chicken to breast instead of thighs (my family prefers dark meat in dishes like this).  You can also change the cooking creme to any of the other flavors, if spicy is not your thing or for variety.  The amount of chicken and/or veggies can also be increased or decreased based on preference.  Remember that if you change the amounts of things you need to check the PointsPlus values.

Fresh from the oven....

No comments:

Post a Comment