Friday, February 17, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken

So a few days ago at work, we were discussing easy recipes that were loved by our families.  One of my co-workers told me about this recipe.  When she first said Poppy Seed Chicken, I automatically thought marinated chicken that was either grilled or baked.  However, when she started telling us the ingredients I knew it was a must try.


I made it and the family loves it.  :)  So yeah for me.  I then knew I had to share with you all.


So what is in this delicious dish?

5 cups of chicken, boneless, skinless
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 package of mixed veggies,  frozen
1 1/2 cups of round butter crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
1/2 cup of butter, melted



I started by preheating my oven to 350 degrees.  While the oven was heating, I cut up your chicken into bite size pieces.  I used two chicken breasts and 4 chicken thighs.  Then I seasoned the chicken and cooked it with a little oil.



In a large mixing bowl, I combined the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and frozen veggies.  I also melted the butter.



Combined the chicken with the soup/veggie mixture and placed that into a 9x13 pan.



Right before the dish went into the oven, I combined the melted butter, poppy seeds, and butter crackers in a small mixing bowl.  I mixed until the crackers were coated with the butter.  To complete the dish, I sprinkled the cracker mixture of the top of the chicken.



The dish cooked for 30 minutes.  I made sure the crust was lightly browned and the sauce was bubbly.

I served  on top of yellow rice (saffron rice).



My family asked not just for second but for thirds.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment